The art of pampering yourself
Nothing beats relaxing and reading a good book while taking a soothing bath. In order to keep relaxation at a maximum, the choice of soap is an important one. Little do people know, making your own soap is actually easier than you think. Buy some organic melt-and-pour soap base, some essential oils and a few of your favourite natural ingredients like Patience Fruit & Co Dried Cranberries and you can create a beautiful, fragrant soap that will make you want to take more time to pamper yourself.
This Orange Cranberry Goat’s Milk Soap smells divine and makes your skin feel so soft and smooth. It’s also a fun DIY that you can do with your older children. My 11-year-old daughter loves spending quality time with me while making soap. Keep your creations to use at home or wrap them up for gift-giving. Either way, you’ll have a gorgeous soap and will be making happy memories!
- Cover the bottom of your soap mold with dried cranberries. Set aside.
- Add Goat’s Milk Soap Base to a medium sized microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, and then stir. Microwave an additional 10 seconds and stir. Continue to microwave in 10-second increments, stirring in between, until the soap is completely melted.
- Quickly stir in orange essential oil and orange zest.
- Carefully pour the soap into each soap mold. Let sit at room temperature for a minimum of 40 minutes.
- Once the soap has hardened, carefully release it from the soap mold by pushing on the bottom until the soap releases.
- Pamper yourself or give your soap as a homemade gift!
Tips & Tricks
Place the orange zest in between two paper towels to absorb the excess moisture before putting into your soap mixture.
The soap mixture will harden quickly once you remove it from the microwave. Keep stirring it while you add the orange essential oil and orange zest. If you find that it’s started to harden, put it back in the microwave for an additional 10 seconds to soften it up.
Use a silicone soap mold to make removing the soap a breeze.
This DIY works best when you have 10 minutes of uninterrupted time to prepare it. Because the soap hardens so quickly, you need to work fast.
This DIY is fun for an older child to help with adult supervision. Kids can add the cranberries to the soap mold, stir the soap mixture and mix in the orange zest and orange essential oil.
Thanks to our collaborator
Simply Stacie is a lifestyle blog full of delicious recipes, easy crafts, household tips and other fun ideas to inspire readers to embrace an extraordinary life.Visit blog