Back
Main Dish

Turkey Burgers with Cranberry BBQ Sauce


Print

Ingredients

BBQ Sauce 

190 ml (¾ cup) Patience Fruit & Co Whole & Soft Dried Cranberries

Hot water

125 ml (½ cup) ketchup

125 ml (½ cup) apple cider vinegar

30 ml (2 tbsp) water

30 ml (2 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce

30 ml (2 tbsp) coconut sugar

2 green onions, chopped

7.5 ml (½ tbsp) capers, drained

1 garlic clove, chopped

15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard

2.5 ml (½ tsp) fresh-ground black pepper

 

Turkey burgers 

454 g (1 lb) ground turkey

1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced

1 garlic clove, minced

2.5 ml (½ tsp) chilli powder

2.5 ml (½ tsp) oregano

2.5 ml (½ tsp) sea salt, to taste

1.25 ml (¼ tsp) fresh-ground black pepper

Canola oil

 

Toppings 

Brioche buns or your favourite hamburger buns

Cranberry BBQ sauce

A few slices aged cheddar cheese

Red onion, thinly sliced

Lettuce

Sliced tomatoes

Avocado

Alfalfa sprouts

Preparation time 15 min
Cooking time 1 hour Portions 4 hamburgers

These delicious, juicy turkey burgers pair perfectly with salty-sweet barbecue sauce. Topped with the best garnishes, this recipe is tailor-made for your summer barbecues.

Ingredients

BBQ Sauce 

190 ml (¾ cup) Patience Fruit & Co Whole & Soft Dried Cranberries

Hot water

125 ml (½ cup) ketchup

125 ml (½ cup) apple cider vinegar

30 ml (2 tbsp) water

30 ml (2 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce

30 ml (2 tbsp) coconut sugar

2 green onions, chopped

7.5 ml (½ tbsp) capers, drained

1 garlic clove, chopped

15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard

2.5 ml (½ tsp) fresh-ground black pepper

 

Turkey burgers 

454 g (1 lb) ground turkey

1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced

1 garlic clove, minced

2.5 ml (½ tsp) chilli powder

2.5 ml (½ tsp) oregano

2.5 ml (½ tsp) sea salt, to taste

1.25 ml (¼ tsp) fresh-ground black pepper

Canola oil

 

Toppings 

Brioche buns or your favourite hamburger buns

Cranberry BBQ sauce

A few slices aged cheddar cheese

Red onion, thinly sliced

Lettuce

Sliced tomatoes

Avocado

Alfalfa sprouts

Print

Steps

  1. Barbecue sauce
    Place cranberries in a heat-resistant or glass bowl and add enough hot water to cover. Let soak 15 minutes. Drain, reserving water for later use.

  2. Mix all the ingredients in a medium heavy-bottom skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat to minimum and let simmer gently 30 to 45 minutes, stirring from time to time. Add a little of the reserved water if liquid reduces too much.

  3. Remove from heat and mix until smooth, adding a little water if needed.

  4. Set aside to cool.

  5. Turkey burgers
    In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients.

  6. Divide burger mix in 4 same-size patties and grill on barbecue or stovetop.

  7. On barbecue: Preheat barbecue on medium-high. Rub grate with an oil-soaked paper towel. Grill turkey burgers 5 minutes. Turn and baste with cranberry BBQ sauce. Grill until meat is down, 4 to 5 minutes or 74°C (165°F) on instant-read thermometer.

  8. On stovetop : Preheat a cast-iron or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat bottom of skillet and lower heat to medium. Fry turkey burgers 5 minutes. Turn and baste with cranberry BBQ sauce. Cook for another 4-5 minutes or until done.

  9. Assembly
    Spread cranberry BBQ sauce on base of hamburger bun. Top with cheese, onion and avocado. Add burger patty. Garnish with lettuce, alfalfa sprouts and sliced tomato.

Recommendations

This recipe will yield more sauce than needed for the burgers but can easily be doubled if you need more.

It will keep for a few weeks chilled in the refrigerator, in a hermetically sealed plastic container.

Thanks to our collaborator

80Twenty

Kris Osborne believes in nourishing our bodies with healthy, delicious foods most of the time (80%) and eating what we want the remaining 20%. It's the way she lives and it's what serves as the inspiration for her blog, where she shares her passion for food, appropriately called 80Twenty.

Visit blog

Une filiale de Fruit d'or

Privacy policy

Discover our next contest

by subscribing to our newsletter

Thank you

You will recieve a confirmation
email soon

Switch language and region